It seems hard to believe, but I haven’t eaten any junk food for three weeks. No cookies, no chips, no ice cream, no white bread, no takeout, no nothing. To be honest, this week was the hardest, but I pulled through somehow. Keep reading to see what happened!
Follow my blog to join me on a health and fitness journey!
This was the third week away from junk food, and overall it’s been great. However, I was faced with certain obstacles, which made these last few days the hardest ones in the challenge so far.
The Sugar Challenge
It was a difficult week for me. It was more stressing than usual. Plus, I felt sad and depressed again.
All this triggered my cravings for sugar and junk, especially during the afternoons.
It was a good thing that I no longer keep junk in the house. However, the need for a sugary rush made anxious and irritable.
Did I mention that sugar is addictive? Apparently, it’s not that easy to kick the habit.
If you feel like you just can’t give up ice cream, or cookies, or any sweet treat, you’re probably hooked on sugar. Like I said, it’s not easy to kick the habit, but it can be done.
How to beat the junk cravings
Fortunately, I managed to get through the week without breaking the challenge!
Here’s how I did it:
- I don’t keep junk in the house. There aren’t any cookies, chips, or candy, so I can’t just start eating mindlessly.
- I take the time to prep fruit and veggies and have them handy. I have spinach and bananas ready to make a smoothie, I have diced veggies (peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and so on) handy so I can make a veggie omelet. I have oatmeal ready in case I want to have some overnight oats or a quick muffin-in-a-cup.
- I drink a cup of warm green tea whenever I feel like I need something comforting. I also had a cup of hot chocolate made with almond milk.
- I keep myself busy, so I can put cravings out of my mind.
Healthy Eating Challenges
Of course, there are some things I still need to work on.
- I need to work on drinking more water. Again. This week it was hard to get to the 6-glasses-a-day deadline.
- I need to sleep better. This week, I tried to get some more sleep, but it was difficult because I was feeling stressed and anxious. I should try yoga, meditation, or perhaps reading a bit before bedtime.
- I need to work on my attitude. I can’t wallow in this stress and depression. I think yoga and meditation will also help with that.
Final Week of the Healthy Eating Challenge
This is the last week of the challenge, and I’m looking forward to ending it well.
There’s no giving up now!